06 Nov 5 Ways Images Can Boost Rankings
When it comes to search engine optimization (SEO) most people know that keywords are essential to making sure that content gets picked up by different search engines. However, what many people don’t realize is that images can be just as powerful when it comes to search engine rankings. Forgetting to optimize images or failing to do so correctly, means you may be missing out on potential rankings and potential customers. This is why it is so important to understand how you can boost your search engine ranking with images. Here are some points to get you started.
- Give Images Meaningful Context- Make sure you add captions to images that are not only keyword optimized, but that explain how those images are related to the content. Remember, images should support and relate to the content you have created, they are not just meant to be pretty.
- A Unique Image Will Boost Your Search Engine Results- One of the keys to boosting your rankings with images is to make sure you choose the right Don’t fill your website with stock imagery. It will only make you get lost in a sea of other websites. The more original the photos, the better.
- Never Treat Images As An Afterthought- Images are important to SEO, they can even rank in position zero, and they can rank in image search results and lead to more visitors. Images are their own type of content and should be considered as such.
- Scale Your Images to Improve Page Load Times. If you want to improve the SEO value of your site, load times are important. If you use too large of an image that impacts the user experience, Google will penalize your website rankings. Still use a high-quality image, but make sure that the display size and the actual size of the image are close, to keep that load time fast.
- Don’t Forget About Tags. Image title tags and alt tags give you an opportunity to add description and keywords to your image. It is a simple, extra step you can take when adding images to your website, but it is a step that will increase your search engine results and your image search results.
If you are looking for a comprehensive search engine optimization plan that can help you boost your standings on results pages, reach new customers and grow your business, then the experts here at Life In Motion can help. We can create a detailed SEO plan for your business and help you execute an initiative that will ensure your company’s name is getting out in front of potential customers all across the web.